[mou] Training Orioles with a whistle- (pic)

Cathy Gagliardi patcatgags@comcast.net
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 23:56:27 -0500

  Well, I finally got a pic of Mama Oriole, coming to my hand holding a =
plate of mealworms.
She's an older gal (possibly 4 years of age) so don't let her markings =
fool you (like me, when she first arrived) that she is really a male.
 I've been trying to "train" another female ever since 2001 when my =
first Mama O' (perhaps 'her' Mama?) responded to my 3-note whistle call, =
every time I came out with a fresh plate of Mealworms.
  Tonight it paid off with a photo, as hubby held the cam'!
She flew off with 6 MW's and I believe her eggs hatched this past Sat., =
6-10-06.
  It's really been fun when the 'wild' finally trust you...especially =
this skittish specie. =20

http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=3Db19rzcrf.5e0z4rkr&x=3D0&y=3Duln6r=

  Hope you enjoy her as much as I am!

      Cathy Gagliardi