[mou] purgatory creek

Steve Weston sweston2@comcast.net
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 01:08:30 -0500

On Monday evening I stopped at the Purgatory Creek lake behind the Flagship
office building in Eden Prairie and found:

Caspian Tern (1)
Marsh Wren
Spotted Sandpiper
Ospray
Ring-billed Gulls (272)  where are they nesting?
unk. Gull: larger than RBGU's but not as large as a Herring.  Bill is quite
long and heavier than the RBGU's.   Head is flatter also.   Looks like it is
molting from immature plumage.  Color is quite light with splotches of light
brown.  Wing tips and tail appear to be brown, but again not very dark.
Head shape and size suggested a California Gull, but color is a mystery.  I
had hoped to be able to get out there today (tuesday) and take a picture,
but that did not happen.

sweston2@comcast.net