[mou] Black-throated Blue in Duluth

Kim R Eckert kreckert@cpinternet.com
Sun, 18 Jun 2006 06:19:48 -0500

I found a singing male Black-throated Blue Warbler yesterday, June 17,
at Hartley Field in Duluth.

To reach this location: from the jct of Arrowhead Rd and Woodland Ave,
go W on Arrowhead to the first stoplight at Hartley Rd; turn right on
Hartley Rd and follow it as it curves left and dead-ends at the
entrance to the Hartley Field ski trails; walk about 400 yards on the
main trail (i.e., the old road) and listen along the right side of the
trail.

This is the first time I have ever seen a Black-throated Blue during
the breeding season in Duluth, or in St Louis Co for that matter,
although I am aware that Dave Grosshuesch found one a few years ago in
the county several miles northeast of Duluth.

- Kim Eckert