[mou] Re: [mnbird] Breeding Birds ( Long, but Important!)

Ann E Kessen kess0010@umn.edu
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:09:22 CDT

Nancy,
I am the compiler and writer of the Summer Season report in The Loon, which
includes breeding records.  When I saw your message last night I went through
the breeding records from 2005, and sure enough, there were your reports.  I
have no idea how I missed them.  I'm sorry for my mistake.  It will be
corrected.  I am occasionally a bit foggy, but I like to think I'm not a
"black hole".
A couple of additional thoughts on this topic for everyone who is reading
this:  All records submitted to the MOU are archived, making them available
for future use and review.  Records that are the most informative are those
that include the most information.  You do a nice job of this with nesting
records, Nancy, indicating whether young are short-tailed, unable to fly
well, adult carrying fecal sac, etc.  If a researcher wanted to use our data
base, such detail would be far more useful than a simple notation of
"nested".
Thanks for calling this error to my attention, Nancy.
Ann