[mou] Apology and Sign Off

Bill Litkey blitkey@usfamily.net
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:44:00 -0500

My worst birding fear was realized Saturday with my, what turned out to be,
false negative follow-up report of the Least Tern.  All the way home I felt
reluctant to make the post even though I felt confident, having used a 40x
lens, that the area was scanned thoroughly.  But I was persuaded to make the
post as I recalled my own experiences of having needed follow-up reports in
the past, instead of ending up making trips for, unknown to myself,
long-departed birds.  I am sorry that my post may have caused some to scrap
plans to go look for the tern.  After this I am inclined to leave any
negative follow-up reporting to others, to which everyone seconded the
motion.

Bill Litkey

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! -- http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---