[mou] Metro Birding

Steve Weston sweston2@comcast.net
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 02:35:55 -0500

I am definitely seeing Dickcissels in larger numbers than I have ever seen
them before and in locations that I know that they have not been in the last
five or six years.  I believe the abundance of Dickcissels is evidence that
they are no longer being persecuted in southern South America where they
winter.

On Sunday night I went down to Miesville Ravine in the evening especially to
find Whip-poor-wills.  They readilly answered my whistle from across the
Canon River.  Also we had several Wood Thrushes calling from near the
parking lot.   At the top of the hill to the west of the ravine near the red
farm building with white trim I found a pair of Red-headed Woodpeckers.

sweston2@comcast.net