[mou] Favorite Birding Location

patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:19:12 -0500 (CDT)

Hello again,

I’ve been pondering this question for two days now, and I’m having trouble
making up my mind!  There are so many good birding areas in the region,
that it’s tough to pick just one as my most favorite.  Having said that, I
will say that my all-time single favorite spot is Itasca State Park.  Tied
for second place are the Felton prairie area and the Oakwood Lakes State
Park to Lake Thompson area in Brookings/Kingsbury counties in eastern
South Dakota.  My favorite drive is following gravel roads along the
Minnesota River from Redwood Falls (my hometown) to Ortonville.  Wandering
on gravel roads in Kidder County, North Dakota and out in the Little
Missouri National Grasslands of southwestern North Dakota rank right up
there as well.

My most memorable birding trip to date has been a week of self-guided
birding in the Lower Rio Grande Valley of south Texas in March of 2005.
Wow!

Happy Trails!

Pat

Patrick Beauzay