[mou] Sunrise at Lake Byllesby ~ Dakota County

Conny Brunell connybrunell@earthlink.net
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:05:53 -0600

------=_NextPart_1641911122756815553234

This morning there was a glorious sunrise at Lake Byllesby in Dakota County with a backdrop that would make any canvas
enviable.  From 6:30 am - 7:00 there was a conservative estimate of still 300+ Greater White-fronted Geese at rest scattered
over the mudflats on the west end.  There were still 2 Ross's Geese mixed in with the GWFG, Cackling Geese, and
a flock of about 35 Snow Geese that took off while I was there.  Amazingly enough still more Greater White-fronted Geese
continued to funnel in and out the whole time as did the Ducks.
Taking the gravel roads back I did see a large flock of Lapland Longspurs swirling low over the roly ag fields, and hear
a Eastern Meadowlark singing.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty.
connybrunell@earthlink.net

------=_NextPart_1641911122756815553234

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>This morning there was a glorious sunrise at Lake Byllesby in Dakota County with a backdrop that would make any canvas </DIV>
<DIV>enviable.&nbsp; From 6:30 am - 7:00 there was a conservative estimate of still 300+ Greater White-fronted Geese at rest scattered</DIV>
<DIV>over the mudflats on the west end.&nbsp; There were still 2 Ross's Geese mixed in with the GWFG, Cackling Geese, and </DIV>
<DIV>a flock of about 35 Snow Geese that took off while I was there.&nbsp; Amazingly enough still more Greater White-fronted Geese</DIV>
<DIV>continued to funnel in and out the whole time as did the Ducks.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>Taking the gravel roads back I did see a large flock of Lapland Longspurs swirling low over the roly ag fields, and hear</DIV>
<DIV>a Eastern Meadowlark singing.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Conny Brunell</DIV>
<DIV>Richfield, Hennepin Cty.</DIV>
<DIV><A href="mailto:connybrunell@earthlink.net">connybrunell@earthlink.net</A></DIV>