[mou] Dilemma

Julian Sellers JulianSellers@msn.com
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:25:12 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C64948.7E061A80

Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, Roseville, http://www.wrcmn.org/
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Leodwm@aol.com=20
  To: mou-net@cbs.umn.edu=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:52 PM
  Subject: [mou] Dilemma

  Hello birdwatchers,
  I'm writing because we have a bird dilemma. We showed up at our door =
two days ago at around 6:30 pm and found a pigeon with a broken wing on =
our stoop. It crouched up in the corner and stayed as we walked past it =
to open the door. We felt bad and brought it some birdseed to eat. A =
while later, almost all the seed was gone. It curls up in the corner of =
our stoop when we're not there. Last night during the big snow storm, we =
figured it was a goner, but today I looked out the porch and saw it just =
outside our door, looking fine.
  As of right now, 9:48 pm, he's still sitting there. So, our dilemma is =
what to do. Should we try to catch it and bring it somewhere? Should we =
let it be and feel bad? Is there some place that could help us out with =
it? Or is a pigeon not important enough for the attention of a bone =
mender.

  So, that's it. We're trying to decide what to do with him. I just =
figured someone here might have some ideas. I'll tell you something =
surprising though, a pigeon looks alot cuter and sweeter when it's =
curled up on your porch then when it's scarfing down birdseed at the =
bird feeder.
  Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

  -Leo WM
------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C64948.7E061A80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; =
FONT-FAMILY: Arial"=20
bottomMargin=3D7 bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7 =
rightMargin=3D7>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>Wildlife Rehabilitation =
Center,=20
Roseville, <A=20
href=3D"http://www.wrcmn.org/">http://www.wrcmn.org/</A></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DLeodwm@aol.com =
href=3D"mailto:Leodwm@aol.com">Leodwm@aol.com</A> </DIV>
title=3Dmou-net@cbs.umn.edu=20
  href=3D"mailto:mou-net@cbs.umn.edu">mou-net@cbs.umn.edu</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, March 16, 2006 =
9:52=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [mou] Dilemma</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT id=3Drole_document face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D2>
  <DIV>Hello birdwatchers,</DIV>
  <DIV>I'm writing because we have a bird dilemma. We showed up at our =
door two=20
  days ago at around 6:30 pm and found a pigeon with a broken wing on =
our stoop.=20
  It crouched up in the corner and stayed as we walked past it to open =
the door.=20
  We felt bad and brought it some birdseed to eat. A while later, almost =
all the=20
  seed was gone. It curls up in the corner of our stoop when =
we're&nbsp;not=20
  there. Last night during the big snow storm, we figured it was a =
goner, but=20
  today I looked out the porch and saw it just outside our door, looking =

  fine.</DIV>
  <DIV>As of right now, 9:48 pm, he's still sitting there. So, our =
dilemma is=20
  what to do. Should we try to catch it and bring it somewhere? Should =
we let it=20
  be and feel bad? Is there some place that could help us out with it? =
Or is a=20
  pigeon not important enough for the attention of a bone mender.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>So, that's it. We're trying to decide what to do with him. I just =
figured=20
  someone here might have some ideas. I'll tell you something surprising =
though,=20
  a pigeon looks alot cuter and sweeter when it's curled up on your =
porch then=20
  when it's scarfing down birdseed at the bird feeder.</DIV>
  <DIV>Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>-Leo WM</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C64948.7E061A80--