[mou] Peregrines in Richfield

Alt, Mark Mark.Alt@bestbuy.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:54:37 -0600

Sitting at work and a dark blue blur comes through my vision while I am
on the phone, an adult Peregrine Falcon zooms by at eye level 20 feet
away, doing maybe 60 mph in level flight. It soon reappears above one of
the Best Buy towers, soaring to gain height. I spot another one high
above, soaring in circles, tail fanned wide and wings pointed out like
daggers. Maybe they are nesting at Best Buy this year?  I have seen them
3 years in a row nesting on the nearby Wells Fargo building in
Bloomington, but one can hope.  It is a good day. Good Birding.