[mou] Metro birding

Steve Weston sweston2@comcast.net
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:20:04 -0600

On Thursday I decided to keep track of the raptors that I saw as I drove
through the Metro area.  I counted 22 Red-tailed Hawks in 15 different
cities in the Metro area.  All but two were along the highway.  Almost every
major intersection had a pair.  I missed several pairs that I have been
seeing regularly, but were unable to located zipping through at highway
speed, in traffic, and concentrating on my job.  All but one were perched.
In addition I found a Bald Eagle on a tree on the shore of the Mississippi.

sweston2@comcast.net