[mou] Goshawk & other metro sightings

Steve Weston sweston2@comcast.net
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:32:01 -0600

A few days ago I kept track of raptor sightings during my wanderings working
the metro area and only found Red-tailed Hawks plus a Bald Eagle.  The last
two days have been quite the oposite.  The best sighting today was a Goshawk
over I-35E and I-94 by downtown St. Paul.  also seen were a Red-shouldered
Hawk (I-35w near the Minnesota river), a Sharp-shinned Hawk, a Kestrel,
Red-tailed Hawk, Turkey Vulture (actually yesterday in Eagan), and Bald
Eagle.

This morning was warm and filled with singing spring birds, including
Robins, Red-winged Blackbirds, and House Finches.

sweston2@comcast.net