[mou] Red-billed 'Blue-bill' Scaup

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:12:59 EST

--part1_26c.8a6900f.315bb7ab_boundary

As part of Kim Eckert's group this past Sunday, March 26, I spotted (and Kim
confirmed I was not hallucinating) a Lesser Scaup drake with a bright red bill
along Prairie Island in Winona Cty.   Every other feature was typical for
Lesser Scaup.   The bill was bright red/orange-red, with a yellow tip or stripe
near the tip.   Only a couple of other group members got to our scopes to see
the bird before it tucked up.   Truly an odd duck.
Linda Sparling
Hennepin County

--part1_26c.8a6900f.315bb7ab_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">As part of Kim Eckert's group this past=
 Sunday, March 26, I spotted (and Kim confirmed I was not hallucinating) a L=
esser Scaup drake with a bright red bill along Prairie Island in Winona Cty.=
&nbsp;  Every other feature was typical for Lesser Scaup.&nbsp;  The bill wa=
s bright red/orange-red, with a yellow tip or stripe near the tip.&nbsp;  On=
ly a couple of other group members got to our scopes to see the bird before=20=
it tucked up.&nbsp;  Truly an odd duck.&nbsp;  <BR>
Linda Sparling<BR>
Hennepin County</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANS=
SERIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_26c.8a6900f.315bb7ab_boundary--