[mou] No Avocets, but Warblers in Steele Cty

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Mon, 1 May 2006 03:12:31 EDT

--part1_406.89ea38.31870edf_boundary

Warbler waves in Rice Lake State Park, Steele County.   Mostly Yellow-rumped
and Palm, but a few Orange-crowned, and one Yellow Warbler; plus one Ovenbird.
  I also heard an Eastern Towhee and many White-throated Sparrows, a
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Forster's Terns among the regulars. I saw a Broad-winged Hawk
just inside the park entrance.

I checked Spindler's Pond for the American Avocets. Since no one had posted
an update, I thought I might get lucky.   They were not present Sunday
afternoon.

Eastern Kingbird in the farm field on the other side of the road from the
pond.

Linda Sparling
Hennepin County

--part1_406.89ea38.31870edf_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">Warbler waves in Rice Lake State Park,=20=
Steele County.&nbsp;  Mostly Yellow-rumped and Palm, but a few Orange-crowne=
d, and one Yellow Warbler; plus one Ovenbird.&nbsp;  I also heard an Eastern=
 Towhee and many White-throated Sparrows, a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Forster's=
 Terns among the regulars. I saw a Broad-winged Hawk just inside the park en=
trance.<BR>
<BR>
I checked Spindler's Pond for the American Avocets. Since no one had posted=20=
an update, I thought I might get lucky.&nbsp;  They were not present Sunday=20=
afternoon.<BR>
<BR>
Eastern Kingbird in the farm field on the other side of the road from the po=
nd.<BR>
<BR>
Linda Sparling<BR>
Hennepin County<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"></FONT></HTML>
--part1_406.89ea38.31870edf_boundary--