[mou] Backyard thrills

Thomas Maiello thomas@angelem.com
Mon, 01 May 2006 10:17:12 -0500

Just had to share the thrill I am having watching two nesting Brown
Thrashers, numerous Robins, a Hermit Thrush, White-Throated Sparrows,
Chickadees, Ruby-Crowned Kinglets, nesting Blue Jays, Grackles, House
Finches, nesting Mourning Doves, Cardinals, Chipping Sparrows eat,
bathe, drink, interact, dominate, antagonize, territorialize, submit,
flit, and sing within 10 feet of my work desk outside my window and in
my extensive garden .  I am sure most of them are also nesting but the
pairs hold my attention and seem to interact with each other and others
the most.  This is better than any movie, picture, or scenic vista I can
imagine.  And soon the warblers and hummingbirds!  What a wonderful world!

Thomas Maiello
Spring Lake Park