[mou] Clay County Scissor Tailed Re-found

Matt Mecklenburg mattmecklenburg@hotmail.com
Tue, 02 May 2006 09:22:13 -0400

Hi All,

5/2/06 8:10 a.m.

I just got to my office from the Downer area and Bob O'Conner and myself
refound the Scissor Tailed Flycatcher. I was in the same general area,  only
it has moved east from Hwy 9. It is visible from the next gravel road to the
east. It was working a berm from a cattle impoundment. It was feeding. It
would fly and perch, fly and perch the whole length of the berm. Bob set his
scope up and we got really good looks at it.

I want to give credit where credit is due. When it was first found I was
driving and not paying attention. And Bret on my crew (from Oklahoma) said
he saw a Scissor-Tail in the ditch. So, we turned around and sure enough
there it was. Thanks Bret.

Matt Mecklenburg
Clay County