[mou] Snowy Egret and Wilson's Phalaropes

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Wed, 3 May 2006 04:59:22 EDT

--part1_38d.2cb8cf9.3189caea_boundary

The Snowy Egret reported from earlier in the day was present as late as 6:45
pm in the northwest pond of 180th St. Marsh.   While he was out in the open
when I 1st arrived, he tended to favor hiding in the rushes on the far side of
the pond.   If you don't see him right away, keep scanning.

The GHO nest has two beautiful owlets looking restless.   Mom was nowhere to
be seen.

At Jirik Sod Farms there were two female Wilson's Phalaropes close to the
road.   They flew off as we left.   There's good habitat for shorebirds right
now.

Linda Sparling
Hennepin County

--part1_38d.2cb8cf9.3189caea_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">The Snowy Egret reported from earlier i=
n the day was present as late as 6:45 pm in the northwest pond of 180th St.=20=
Marsh.&nbsp;  While he was out in the open when I 1st arrived, he tended to=20=
favor hiding in the rushes on the far side of the pond.&nbsp;  If you don't=20=
see him right away, keep scanning.<BR>
<BR>
The GHO nest has two beautiful owlets looking restless.&nbsp;  Mom was nowhe=
re to be seen.<BR>
<BR>
At Jirik Sod Farms there were two female Wilson's Phalaropes close to the ro=
ad.&nbsp;  They flew off as we left.&nbsp;  There's good habitat for shorebi=
rds right now.<BR>
<BR>
Linda Sparling<BR>
Hennepin County</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANS=
SERIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_38d.2cb8cf9.3189caea_boundary--