[mou] cattle egret - Carver county

mark.larose@mchsi.com mark.larose@mchsi.com
Sat, 06 May 2006 17:30:45 +0000

At 12:15 (just now) there was a cattle egret along highway 5 just west of the junction with county road
30 coming from St. Boni. This is just east of the town of Waconia. I initially glimpsed it on my way to my
daughter's soccer game at the NE corner of this marsh. By the return pass, it had moved to the SW
corner near the farm. It was 10 yards from the road (and my car when I pulled over). The stocky
posture, yellow legs (not as bright as the bill), and the pale orange on the crown and chest made the ID
fairly straight forward. The bill was shorter than any of the great egrets on the island in lake Waconia
and the walking posture and timing were different as well. Hope it stays long enough for me to go back
with a camera after the next soccer game. Gotta run...

--
Mark LaRose