[mou] Henslow's Sparrow-Freeborn County

Richard Hoyme rhoyme@msn.com
Sun, 7 May 2006 22:54:43 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_00B2_01C67229.3B535360

I was in Freeborn County Friday eve and Saturday AM. On Saturday morning =
at Myre-Big island State Park, I found at least 4 Henslow's Sparrows =
singing or rather "Tslicking". They were on the entrance road between =
the contact station and where the tarred road turns left. The field =
seemed similar to the fields I found them in last year. Tall weeds =
sticking up over grass. They were mostly calling from down in the grass =
and would only pop up for a second or two. Does anyone know if there is =
a previous record in Freeborn?

Also at the park on Friday evening near the sewage pond, I found a =
woodcock Doing it's spring peent. There was also a Barred Owl at that =
location.

A few warblers-Northern Waterthrush singing. The Big Island parking lot =
had many Swainson's Thrushes and one Gray Cheeked Thrush on the Little =
Island.=20

Note: the gates were down Saturday morning blocking driving access to =
Big Island and the road to the Big marsh (sewage pond) so you have to =
hike. They still weren't open when I left just before 8AM. I hope this =
isn't a new policy.

Rick Hoyme
Hennepin co.
------=_NextPart_000_00B2_01C67229.3B535360

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2873" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: =
normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: =
none"=20
leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text" CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><!--[gte IE 5]><?xml:namespace =
prefix=3D"v" /><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" /><![endif]-->
<DIV>I was in Freeborn County Friday eve and Saturday AM. On Saturday =
morning at=20
Myre-Big island State Park, I found at least 4 Henslow's Sparrows =
singing or=20
rather "Tslicking". They were on the entrance road between the contact =
station=20
and where the tarred road turns left. The field seemed similar to the =
fields I=20
found them in last year. Tall weeds sticking up over grass. They were =
mostly=20
calling from down in the grass and would only pop up for a second or =
two. Does=20
anyone know if there is a previous record in Freeborn?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Also at the park on Friday evening near the sewage pond, I found a =
woodcock=20
Doing it's spring peent. There was also a Barred Owl at that =
location.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>A few warblers-Northern Waterthrush singing. The Big Island parking =
lot had=20
many Swainson's Thrushes and one Gray Cheeked Thrush on the Little =
Island.=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Note: the gates were down Saturday morning blocking driving access =
to Big=20
Island and the road to the Big marsh (sewage pond) so you have to hike. =
They=20
still weren't open when I left just before 8AM. I hope this isn't a new=20
policy.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rick Hoyme</DIV>
<DIV>Hennepin co.</DIV></BODY></HTML>