[mou] Warblers missing

Paul E. Wicklund wickl002@tc.umn.edu
Mon, 08 May 2006 11:15:40 -0500

--------------7166EB79C4F42780A95A3CE2

My experience has been the same here in Wayzata (Hennepin County). We
have several large oaks in our yard, and at this time of year they are
usually 'alive' with many species of warblers. This year, I have  seen
only yellow-rumps, and they have not been numerous.

Jan Wicklund

Tom Bell wrote:

> When the oak trees are flowering and the leaves are the size of a
> squirrels ears, I expect a variety of warblers. The male flowers on
> the oaks are dropping off and the leaves are 1/3 the size of a
> squirrel and still no warblers. Tom Bell
> on Grey Cloud Island
> 5868 Pioneer Road South
> Saint Paul Park MN 55071-1143
> 651 459-4150

--------------7166EB79C4F42780A95A3CE2

My experience has been the same here in Wayzata (Hennepin County). We have
several large oaks in our yard, and at this time of year they are usually
'alive' with many species of warblers. This year, I have&nbsp; seen only
yellow-rumps, and they have not been numerous.
are flowering and the leaves are the size of a squirrels ears, I expect
a variety of warblers. The male flowers on the oaks are dropping off and
the leaves are 1/3 the size of a squirrel and still no warblers.</font>&nbsp;<font size=-1>Tom
Bell</font>

--------------7166EB79C4F42780A95A3CE2--