[mou] IMBD/Otter Tail Co.

Dan & Sandy Thimgan thimgan@digitaljam.com
Sun, 14 May 2006 15:21:20 -0500

On Saturday's International Migratory Bird Day, we cruised Otter Tail County
from Ottertail city to Battle Lake/Fergus Falls to Western Township and back
to Glendalough State Park finding a solid 121 species.

"Best" birds were Eurasian Collared-Dove (3) in the town of Ottertail.
Also, Virginia Rail (3), Willets (3), American Bittern (3), Wilson's
Phalaropes (10)

Shorebird (8 species) and warbler (8 species) numbers were skimpy.  Some
nice waves of warblers starting showing up today -- one day late, of course.
We did pretty well with raptors (6 species), sparrows (11), and blackbirds
(8), and got all the swallows (6).

Cloudy, some wind, and just a little light rain (it sure beats the snow we
had last year!)

The team:
Judy and Eddy Edwards, Jeff Schultz, Sandy and Dan Thimgan
--
Thimgans
Otter Tail County