[mou] Blue-winged Shock

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Mon, 15 May 2006 09:36:43 -0500

On occasion I'll hear a Blue-winged Warbler along Blue Hill or Mahnomen
Trails in Sherburne Refuge - don't believe I've heard more than 1-2 on any
walk - while Golden-wingeds are blissfully common.

This morning I had nine Blue-wingeds on Blue Hill Trail (equaling the number
of singing Golden-wingeds) as well as a Lawrence's (visual sighting of this
back-cross). Rather concerning!

The Blue-winged was the only new warbler (among ten) this morning.  On
Saturday drove/walked around Mille Lacs County, added a couple of terns to
the year list (Caspian, Common); also saw 20 AW Pelicans on the lake (just
south of the reservation).

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN