[mou] FINALLY...some birds

chetmeyers@visi.com chetmeyers@visi.com
Fri, 19 May 2006 15:22:40 -0500

Chet Meyers writes:
 With heavy heart I took a friend new to birding to Cedar Lake, telling him not
to expect much.  We were delighted to see a number of birds and even two
(albeit small) waves of warblers.  Another friend reported he had seen 14
species of warbler that morning.  Also rose-breasted grosbeak, Harris sparrow
and mnumbers of white-throated sparrows (who are late..which means more late
migrants to come). It was not a "wabler-neck" kind of day but the first day
this spring I have actually seen more than a handful of warblers.  Interested
if others saw a movement of birds today????
Chet Meyers, Hennepin County