[mou] Common Loon: Dakota Co.

Steve Weston sweston2@comcast.net
Mon, 22 May 2006 00:43:00 -0500

Sitting on my porch overlooking Quiggley Lake in Eagan with only a couple of
houses visible on the wooded shoreline across the lake, at times it can feel
like you are a hundred miles from the Twin Cities.  Tonight it felt more
like two hundred miles.

When I arrived home from a long day of birding, my wife Cherie said, "The
strangest thing happened just a few minutes ago.  I heard a loon call a
couple of times.  I opened the porch door and heard it call a couple more
times."  My quizzical, bemused look was quickly answered with:  "You think
someone could forget what a loon sounds like?"

When I went outside to complete some chores, I too heard the amazing sound.
And, I was able to add "Common Loon" to my yard list!

sweston2@comcast.net

sweston2@comcast.net