[mou] Lark Bunting

Larry Sirvio lmsirvio@comcast.net
Tue, 23 May 2006 10:04:44 -0500

I returned to the area where I had seen the bird last evening. This time
armed with video and regular digital cameras, gps, etc.
Unfortunately, he wasn't there. I may try again this evening, but not I'm
not so hopeful.

In my original post I didn't do a good job of describing what I saw.
The bird I saw was completely black on the head and neck - side view. There
was some white below, which, in retrospect must have been on the wings as
they were folded in.
I had an earlier view of it when I first saw it and the only thing that I
can remember was the black tail with white outer feathers as it disappered
through some brush. It was singing quite a bit when I first found it and
also when I found it again on my way back to the car (30 min after first
sighting).