[mou] mockingbird Aitkin Co

Cindy Risen cbutler@lcp2.net
Thu, 25 May 2006 20:57:14 -0500

Hi all
Today I saw a Northern Mockingbird in my neighbors yard. We were having
coffee and she looked out the window and asked what kind of bird is that?
To my surprise it was a Mockingbird. I don't know if it stuck around as I
had to go to work shortly after we found the bird. The Mockingbird was
found about 2 miles south of the Savanna Portage State Park entrance along
CR 14, north east of McGregor, Aitkin Co. Also this week I have seen a
Black-backed Woodpecker on CR 64, Kestrel Ave, 2 mi east of CR 14. The
Sandhill Cranes have 2 colts and also a family of Woodcock were seen
crossing the road.
I look forward to seeing some of you at the McGregor Birding Festival in a
couple of weeks. June 8-11, with lots of trips, fun, programs and friends.

Cindy Risen
Tamarack, Eastern Aitkin County
www.naturescapenews.com