[mou] Birding the New Yorker

SnoEowl@aol.com SnoEowl@aol.com
Sun, 28 May 2006 21:40:03 EDT

-------------------------------1148866803

The May 29 issue of The New Yorker contains A Reporter at Large article
titled "Ruffled Feathers" by John Seabrook.  It uncovers the  biggest scandal in
the bird world.

It touches on Pamela Rasmussen's monumental book, "Birds of South  Asia: The
Ripley Guide" which was originated by S. Dillon Ripley, a grand old  man of
American ornithology, and on the theft and data falsification of a  British
ornithologist named Colonel Richard Meinertzhagen.

I found the piece exceedingly well-done, an interesting read and  something I
think all would enjoy, especially on one of those days when the  mosquitoes
are ready to do battle.

Al Batt
Hartland

-------------------------------1148866803

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2873" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial Black" bottomMa=
rgin=3D7=20
leftMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7><FONT id=3Drole_document face=
=3D"Arial Black"=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D3>
<DIV>The May 29 issue of The New Yorker contains <EM>A Reporter at Large=20
</EM>article titled "Ruffled Feathers" by John Seabrook.&nbsp; It uncovers t=
he=20
biggest scandal in the bird world.&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It&nbsp;touches on Pamela Rasmussen's monumental book, "Birds of South=20
Asia: The Ripley Guide" which was originated by S. Dillon Ripley, a grand ol=
d=20
man of American ornithology, and on the theft and data falsification of a=20
British ornithologist named Colonel Richard Meinertzhagen.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I found the piece exceedingly well-done, an&nbsp;interesting read&nbsp;=
and=20
something I think all would enjoy, especially on one of those days when the=20
mosquitoes are ready to do battle.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Al Batt</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Hartland</STRONG></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>