[mou] Rice County - 5/29/06 - Snowy Egret - Update - not present 3 - 5 pm

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan@msn.com
Mon, 29 May 2006 23:32:28 -0500

5/29/2006

Spent the afternoon with Rick Specht birding in Rice county.  We started out
in search of the previously reported Snowy Egret, but were unsuccessful in
our search.  We did observe many Great Egrets moving in and out of the
marsh, between 3 and 5pm.  The edges of the marsh are covered with grass or
reeds and Cattails.  At times all of the Great Egrets would disappear into
the grassy areas.  So it is very possible that the Snowy Egret was there,
but not visible.  There were Dickcissel's along CR 12, just East of CR 72
and an Orchard Oriole was observed along CR 72 about 2/10th of a mile South
of CR 12.

@ Dickcissel
@ Orchard Oriole

Craig Mandel, Minnetonka, MN