[mou] Bittern Rescue

Clay Christensen clay.christensen@comcast.net
Sat, 04 Nov 2006 23:03:11 +0000

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_2291_1162681391_0

My wife Jean and I rescued an American bittern from the St. Anthony Park community gardens, between Robbins St. and the railroad tracks, just west of Raymond Av. (Ramsey County). It had been seen in the area a week earlier and again yesterday by Sherman Eagles. It never showed any ability to fly. Today it was crouched in one of the garden plots, all fluffed up, looking as mean as it could, with that rapier beak aimed right at my eyes (I wore my protective goggles). I covered it with a towel and put it into a dog carrier. We delivered it to the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, Roseville.

Clay Christensen
Lauderdale, MN
--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_2291_1162681391_0

<DIV>My wife Jean and I rescued an American bittern from the St. Anthony Park community gardens, between Robbins St. and the railroad tracks, just west of Raymond Av. (Ramsey County). It had been seen in the area a week earlier and again yesterday by Sherman Eagles. It never showed any ability to fly. Today it was crouched in one of the garden plots, all fluffed up, looking as mean as it could, with that rapier beak aimed right at my eyes (I wore my protective goggles). I covered it with a towel and put it into a dog carrier. We delivered it to the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, Roseville.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Clay Christensen</DIV>
<DIV>Lauderdale, MN</DIV></body></html>

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_2291_1162681391_0--