[mou] Bittern was fatally injured

Clay Christensen clay.christensen@comcast.net
Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:53:40 +0000

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_409_1163008420_0

The American bittern that my wife and I took to the Wildlife Rehab Center last Saturday didn't make it. It had a compound fracture to the right humerus (wing bone) and the ends of the exposed bone tissue were necrotic (dead). The severity of the injury and its necrosis led the vet to decide that the fracture would never heal to allow for no pain and the ability to fly. The bittern was humanely euthanized to end its suffering. I guess that's something...its pain is over.

Clay Christensen
Lauderdale, MN
--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_409_1163008420_0

<DIV>The American bittern that my wife and I took to the Wildlife Rehab Center last Saturday didn't make it. It had a compound fracture to the right humerus (wing bone) and the ends of the exposed bone tissue were necrotic (dead). The severity of the injury and its necrosis led the vet to decide that the fracture would never heal to allow for no pain and the ability to fly. The bittern was humanely euthanized to end its suffering. I guess that's something...its pain is over.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Clay Christensen</DIV>
<DIV>Lauderdale, MN</DIV></body></html>

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_409_1163008420_0--