[mou] Slaty-backed Gull at Superior, WI

Jim Lind jslind@frontiernet.net
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:20:15 -0600

I just saw this posting on the Wisconsin listserve.  Maybe this bird
will wander into Minnesota.

Jim Lind

Subject: Alert-Slaty-backed Gull
From: "Korducki" <korducki AT earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:45:59 -0600

I just received word that Robbye Johnson and Larry Semo found an
adult Slaty-backed gull at the dump on Wisconsin Point earlier this
afternoon. They were able to obtain photos.  The birds were flushed
out onto the lake by a bulldozer but it is probably still in the
area.  Larry is a Wisconsin native who now lives in Colorado.  He
always returns home for deer hunting. Larry and Robbye are both
dynamite birders so I have no doubt about their sighting.

 Good luck everyone!

Mark Korducki, New Berlin