[mou] 2 Pomarine Jaegers at Duluth

Jim Lind jslind@frontiernet.net
Tue, 03 Oct 2006 17:05:58 -0600

I scanned the lake from Lafayette Square (31st St. access) at Park
Point today from 12:00 to 2:00 pm and saw two juvenile Pomarine
Jaegers at close range, as well as a light morph Parasitic Jaeger.
The Pomarines were flying together nearly in tandem, and at one point
flew so close along the beach that I had to step away from my scope
and use binoculars.  They were identical in appearance and size,
except that one was just a shade darker than the other.  Earlier, one
was was seen flying with a light morph Parasitic, and the difference
in body shapes and manueverability between the two species were very
obvious.  A pair of Surf Scoters flew by, but no unusual gulls or
terns were seen.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors