[mou] Saturday and Sunday

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 21:37:03 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C6EB21.E4B5DDD0

Saturday:
The Lake Superior boat trip was a lot of fun despite not seeing any =
jaegers. We did enjoy some wonderful weather, calm waters,  hordes of =
Herring & Ring-billed Gulls following us all day eating popcorn. Several =
Bonaparte's Gulls flew around the vessel and the most surprising was =
spotting a immature Peregrine Falcon flying over the boat when we were =
approximately 3 miles off the northshore and 8 miles east of Park Point. =
We also had some great views of Common Loons and some distant views of =
Horned Grebes.  I did get a call from Peder Svingen about the Pomarine =
Jaeger and Red-throated loons and we were within 10 minutes from the =
jaeger sighting but we could not relocate the jaeger. This trip was the =
final trip for the 2006 season and the LL Smith is currently docked for =
the winter.  I will be scheduling 4 lake superior trips for the 2007 =
season. I will be offering a trip in May, two in September and one in =
October.=20

Sunday:
Coming home from Church I saw a Gray Jay along Commonwealth Avenue which =
is unusual sighting for this area and this evening I had another Gray =
Jay fly over my house! While sitting outside and enjoying the sunset a =
Saw Whet Owl was singing across Grand Avenue behind the Forest Service =
Building in upper Smithville. =20

Good birding

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C6EB21.E4B5DDD0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Saturday:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>The Lake Superior boat trip =
was a lot of=20
fun despite not seeing any jaegers. We did enjoy some wonderful weather, =
calm=20
waters,&nbsp; hordes of Herring &amp; Ring-billed Gulls following us all =
day=20
eating popcorn. Several Bonaparte's Gulls flew around the =
vessel&nbsp;and the=20
most surprising was&nbsp;spotting a&nbsp;immature Peregrine Falcon =
flying over=20
the boat when we were approximately&nbsp;3 miles off the northshore and =
8 miles=20
east of&nbsp;Park Point. We also had some great views of Common Loons =
and some=20
distant views of Horned Grebes.&nbsp;&nbsp;I did get a call from Peder =
Svingen=20
about the Pomarine Jaeger and Red-throated loons and we were within 10 =
minutes=20
from the jaeger&nbsp;sighting but we could not relocate the jaeger.=20
This&nbsp;trip&nbsp;was the final trip for the 2006 season and the =
LL&nbsp;Smith=20
is&nbsp;currently docked&nbsp;for the winter.&nbsp; I will be scheduling =
4 lake=20
superior trips for the 2007 season. I will be offering a trip&nbsp;in =
May, two=20
in September and one in October.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Sunday:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Coming home from Church I saw =
a Gray Jay=20
along Commonwealth Avenue which is unusual sighting for this area and =
this=20
evening I had another Gray Jay fly over my house! While sitting outside =
and=20
enjoying the sunset a Saw Whet Owl was singing across Grand Avenue =
behind the=20
Forest Service Building in upper Smithville.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Good birding</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
Minnesota<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C6EB21.E4B5DDD0--