[mou] Central MN Change - including Cackling

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:41:29 -0500

I lied this morning.  Unintentionally.

Early today I reported that waterfowl species diversity was still low (only
ten species) in the Sherburne & Mille Lacs County area.  A quick check of
CR2 sewage ponds in Princeton over lunch hour proved me wrong.  An influx of
Bufflehead, Goldeneye, Hoodeds, Ruddies, Redheads and a single - probable -
Cackling Goose brought the total to 16 species.

The probable Cackling had the classic much smaller (almost no) neck and
darker chest, but I was unable to get a good overall size comparison with
other Canadas in the area.

All birds were visible from the fence, no key (or break in) needed.

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties