[mou] gray jay report from Clay County

robert.oconnor@ndsu.edu robert.oconnor@ndsu.edu
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:00:37 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I received a call this evening from a home owner in Clay County who says
she had a Gray Jay in her yard today.  She lives about two miles west of
Buffalo River State Park and is sending me photographs to document her
sighting.  This will be a real rarity for the county if she's right, but
given the number of Gray Jays sighted in the Duluth area this fall and the
multiple reports coming from Grand Forks County, ND, about seventy miles
further north, I suspect the sighting is correct, although I can't say
that with certainty yet.  At the very least it's going to have me out
looking for Gray Jays.

Bob O'Connor
Moorhead