[mou] Clay Co. birds

patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:00:05 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all,

I also went after the Gray Jay last evening, but with no success. I spent
about an hour in the pine and spruce grove just off US 10 at the entrance
to Buffalo River State Park. I found Pine Siskins (10, FOY),
Golden-crowned Kinglets (14), a Red-breasted Nuthatch, one Brown Creeper
(FOY), two Great Horned Owls, seven Hooded Mergansers along the river, and
an adult Sharp-shinned Hawk.  This is a really neat little grove - plenty
of pine, spruce and northern white cedar.  Ought to be a good place to
find a wandering Gray Jay or Townsend's Solitaire.

Good Birding!

Pat

Patrick Beauzay
Department of Entomology