[mou] Purgatory Creek LBBG and Albinistic Red-Tailed Hawk

Joel Claus jclaus13@msn.com
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:24:13 -0500

About 5:15 PM this evening I observed an Adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL in a
mixed flock of Herring and Ring-Billed Gulls in the Purgatory Creek wetland
near the junction of 212 and Hwy 5 in Eden Prairie.

Earlier this afternoon (2 PM) I had a quick look at the albinistic
Red-Tailed hawk that was reported last week by David Remiger.  It was in
roughly the same location near the junction of Prairie Center drive and 78th
street.  I only saw the back side of the bird as it perched in a tree and
saw no trace of pigmentation.  It was pure snowy white - cool bird!