[mou] Mt. Bluebird update / Northshore birds

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:22:15 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C6F6BF.66EA5EE0

After I read Don's email this morning I headed down there to see if I =
could relocate and take some better digiscope photos of it. I was able =
to relocate the Mt. Bluebird at the locked gates located on 7th Ave West =
and Railroad Street. The Mt. Bluebird then foraged its way towards the =
main stage at Bayfront Park and then flew across the open water slip to =
the Laforge Cement Plant which is located on 8th Ave. West and Railroad =
Street. Chris Elmgren joined me as we watched the Mt. Bluebird move =
around from the Laforge Plant back to the Bayfront Park. We also saw the =
merlin.

At the French River parking lot located on Scenic Hwy 61,  I observed =
several groups of Red Crossbills feeding on the spruce trees just east =
of the hatchery.  Also interesting were two Black-backed Woodpeckers =
migrating down the shore.  The raptors were moving in full force as I =
sat and watched the birds fly over me.  I was able to see a adult Golden =
Eagle kettle among several Red-tailed Hawks, a Rough-legged Hawk flying =
over the shore and nice looks of a dark morph Red-tail Hawk. =20

I posted new photos of the female Mountain Bluebird on the Recently Seen =
section of my website. You can also see photos of yesterday Black-backed =
Woodpecker and Three-toed Woodpeckers seen in Two Harbors.

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C6F6BF.66EA5EE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>After I read Don's email this =
morning I=20
headed down there to see if I could relocate and take some better =
digiscope=20
photos of it. I was able to relocate the Mt. Bluebird at the locked =
gates=20
located on 7th Ave West and Railroad Street. The Mt. Bluebird then =
foraged its=20
way towards the main stage at Bayfront Park and then flew across the =
open water=20
slip to the Laforge Cement Plant which is located on 8th Ave. West and =
Railroad=20
Street. Chris Elmgren joined me as we watched the Mt. Bluebird move =
around from=20
the Laforge Plant back to the Bayfront Park. We also saw the=20
merlin.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>At the French River parking =
lot located=20
on Scenic Hwy 61,&nbsp; I observed several groups of Red Crossbills =
feeding on=20
the spruce trees just east of the hatchery.&nbsp; Also interesting were =
two=20
Black-backed Woodpeckers migrating down the shore.&nbsp; The raptors =
were moving=20
in full force as I sat and watched the birds fly over me.&nbsp; I was =
able to=20
see a adult Golden Eagle kettle among several Red-tailed Hawks, a =
Rough-legged=20
Hawk flying over the shore and nice looks of a dark morph Red-tail =
Hawk.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>I posted new photos of the =
female=20
Mountain Bluebird on the Recently Seen section of my website. You can =
also see=20
photos of yesterday Black-backed Woodpecker and Three-toed Woodpeckers =
seen in=20
Two Harbors.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
Minnesota<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C6F6BF.66EA5EE0--