[mou] MRVAC meeting this Thursday

Steve Weston sweston2@comcast.net
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:33:58 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C6F70C.7A41F910

You are invited to the Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter (MRVAC)=20
meeting this Thursday, which will feature Dawn Tanner, from the =
University of Minnesota presenting a program on Borneo's Rare and =
Wonderful Cats: An Ecosystem in Crisis.

Landscape change is happening at breakneck speed in Borneo's last =
remaining=20
lowland forests. Logging hardwood forests has been a primary reason for=20
habitat loss for forest-loving species. In the wake of selective logging =

and clear-cutting of forests, oil palm agrilculture, grown primarily for =

cooking oil, has arisen as the new agent of change, blanketing areas of=20
especially northeastern Sabah. What will be the result of these changes =
for=20
the species adapted to primary, old-growth forest? Just a few of the=20
charasmatic animals of rare, lowland forests are orangutans, clouded=20
leopards, rhino, elephant, and numerous lesser-known and equally =
deserving=20
species. The discussion of landscape change will be presented against a=20
backdrop of developing research of little-understood cat species from a=20
recent trip to Sabah.

Our programs are free and open to the public.   We encourage you to come
early for viewing the art in the gallery, watching a bird ID video/DVD =
in
the auditorium or socializing over coffee and cookies - beginning at =
7:00p.m.
After a brief business meeting begining at 7:30, we will introduce the
featured speaker.  The meeting concludes at 9:00 p.m.

 The Visitor Center is located at 3815 American Blvd. E in Bloomington,
across from the Airport Hilton Hotel. From I-494, exit on 34th Ave. and
drive south. Turn left on American Blvd. E and drive 1/4 mile to the
entrance on the right.  Or, just follow the signs.  There's plenty of =
free
parking.  The Visitor Center is also about a 12-minute walk from the
Bloomington Central light rail stop.

MRVAC Program Chair
sweston2@comcast.net

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C6F70C.7A41F910

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D3>You =
are invited to=20
the Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter (MRVAC)=20
</FONT></FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial><FONT =
size=3D3>meeting this=20
Thursday, which will feature Dawn Tanner, from the University of =
Minnesota=20
presenting a program on Borneo's Rare and Wonderful Cats: An Ecosystem =
in=20
Crisis.<BR><BR>Landscape change is happening at breakneck speed in =
Borneo's last=20
remaining <BR>lowland forests. Logging hardwood forests has been a =
primary=20
reason for <BR>habitat loss for forest-loving species. In the wake of =
selective=20
logging <BR>and clear-cutting of forests, oil palm agrilculture, grown =
primarily=20
for <BR>cooking oil, has arisen as the new agent of change, blanketing =
areas of=20
<BR>especially northeastern Sabah. What will be the result of these =
changes for=20
<BR>the species adapted to primary, old-growth forest? Just a few of the =

<BR>charasmatic animals of rare, lowland forests are orangutans, clouded =

<BR>leopards, rhino, elephant, and numerous lesser-known and equally =
deserving=20
<BR>species. The discussion of landscape change will be presented =
against a=20
<BR>backdrop of developing research of little-understood cat species =
from a=20
<BR>recent trip to Sabah.</FONT><BR></DIV></FONT></FONT></FONT>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>Our programs are free =
and open to the=20
public.&nbsp;&nbsp; We encourage you to come<BR>early for viewing the =
art in the=20
gallery, watching a bird ID video/DVD in<BR>the auditorium or =
socializing over=20
coffee and cookies - beginning at 7:00p.m.</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>After a brief business =
meeting=20
begining at 7:30, we will introduce the<BR>featured speaker.&nbsp; The =
meeting=20
concludes at 9:00 p.m.<BR><BR>&nbsp;The Visitor Center is located at =
3815=20
American Blvd. E in Bloomington,<BR>across from the Airport Hilton =
Hotel. From=20
I-494, exit on 34th Ave. and<BR>drive south. Turn left on American Blvd. =
E and=20
drive 1/4 mile to the<BR>entrance on the right.&nbsp; Or, just follow =
the=20
signs.&nbsp; There's plenty of free<BR>parking.&nbsp; The Visitor Center =
is also=20
about a 12-minute walk from the<BR>Bloomington Central light rail=20
stop.<BR><BR>Steve Weston on Quiggley Lake in Eagan, MN<BR>MRVAC Program =

Chair</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A href=3D""><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D3>sweston2@comcast.net</FONT></A><BR><BR><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY><=
/HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C6F70C.7A41F910--