[mou] Interesting Yardbirds (Two Harbors)

Howard Weinberg hjw_forest@yahoo.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:27:57 -0800 (PST)

--0-188670480-1162218477=:47188

It was an interesting weekend for yardbirds.  Black-backed Woodpeckers and Gray Jays were among the visitors (the jays have taken over the suet feeder and are just ripping through it), but a very exciting visitor was the Goshawk.  I was pulling into the driveway Saturday afternoon as a Goshawk was closing in on a flock of pigeons in front of the barn (the pigeons nest/roost in the barn).  As they flew past the barn, the gos turned sharply from the main flock and swooped behind the barn, popping up seconds later with a pigeon in her talons.  The gos then continued on into the woods.  What a moment!

  Howard (Two Harbors, MN)

--0-188670480-1162218477=:47188

<DIV>It was an interesting weekend for yardbirds.&nbsp; Black-backed Woodpeckers and Gray Jays were among the visitors (the jays have taken over the suet feeder and are just ripping through it), but a very exciting visitor was the Goshawk.&nbsp; I was pulling into the driveway Saturday afternoon as&nbsp;a Goshawk was closing in on a flock of pigeons in front of the barn (the pigeons nest/roost in the barn).&nbsp; As they flew past the barn, the gos turned sharply from the main flock and swooped behind the barn, popping up&nbsp;seconds later with a pigeon in her talons.&nbsp; The gos then continued on into the woods.&nbsp;&nbsp;What a moment!</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Howard (Two Harbors, MN)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><p>&#32;