[mou] Black-billed Magpies--Marshall and Polk Counties

Tom Nelson tomanelson@mac.com
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 06:43:22 -0500

On Saturday (9/2/06), Jim Hughes and I saw a flock of 37 Black-billed
Magpies on the roads just southwest of Farmes Pool at Agassiz National
Wildlife Refuge in Marshall County.   The next day (9/3/06), we saw 19
Black-billed Magpies along a short stretch of Highway 32 north of
Fertile in Polk County.

On 9/3/06, we saw 24 Cattle Egrets just north of Interstate 94 at
milepost 63 in Ottertail County.  The birds were feeding among a herd
of buffalo.

Early on 9/2/06, we also found Common Moorhen and Least Bittern at the
previously reported Murphy-Hanrehan location (between markers 34 and
35) in Scott County.

Tom Nelson
Ramsey County