[mou] Park Point update

Kim R Eckert kreckert@cpinternet.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:21:43 -0500

To follow up on Mike Hendrickson's posting earlier this afternoon: As
of the time I left the 31st St / Lafayette Square observation site
(4:15 pm), Jim Mattsson, Doug Kieser and I had several (~8?) more
jaeger sightings. Most were too distant to safely ID: i.e., either
juveniles or darker adults without projecting central rectrices.
However, one was close enough to tell it was a light-morph adult
Parasitic with projecting & pointed central tail feathers. All but one
of the distant unidentified jaegers appeared to be Parasitics, but one
seemed larger overall, less agile in flight, with broader-based wings,
and may have been a Pomarine. I would guess we saw a minimum total of 6
individual jaegers.

We had no repeat sighting of the juvenile Little Gull which Mike and I
saw about 12:45, but we did see a flock of 6 Cackling Geese with 1
Canada flying in from the lake and heading west. Jim and Doug were
still birding when I left, so it is possible they may have additional
sightings to report.  - Kim Eckert