[mou] Sherburne Lapland Longspurs

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:05:11 -0600

170+ Lapland Longspurs & Horned Larks (primarily longspurs) during lunch
hour today around the refuge - on both sides of the field along Sherburne CR
16, .5 mile north of the 16 & 93 intersection.

These are the first longspurs I've had in the county - three + years of
Sherburne birding, 3-4 times per week (county list now 238, not threatening
Bob J's 255 any time soon!).

Least Tern, YB Chat, Great Gray Owl, Eurasian Wigeon, Hooded Warbler, Little
Blue Heron were all added before longspurs - certainly a bit of an
aberration!

Now if I can only find the Long-eared Owls that roost in this county....

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties