[mou] Surge of gulls and ? expected

BobHoltz1933@aol.com BobHoltz1933@aol.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:34:01 EST

-------------------------------1167845641

In a message dated 1/3/2007 11:26:43 AM Central Standard Time,
Robert_Russell@fws.gov writes:
During the first part of this week the large areas of remaining open water on
James and Hudson Bays in Canada froze up (still a couple of small holes open
well offshore) so perhaps we could now expect a southward surge of
white-winged gulls and maybe, just maybe some rare waterbirds like eiders, alcids
(dreaming here) and more.
Related to Bob's comments on open water, I noted this morning that
Centerville Lake is roughly 50% open water. No birds at this time.

Bob Holtz

-------------------------------1167845641

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3020" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 1/3/2007 11:26:43 AM Central Standard Time, Robert_R=
ussell@fws.gov writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>During the first part of this week the large a=
reas of remaining open water on James and Hudson Bays in Canada froze up (st=
ill a couple of small holes open well offshore) so perhaps we could now expe=
ct a southward surge of white-winged gulls and maybe, just maybe some rare w=
aterbirds like eiders, alcids (dreaming here) and more.</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><=
/DIV>
<DIV>Related to Bob's comments on open water, I noted this morning that Cent=
erville Lake is roughly 50% open water. No birds at this time.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Bob Holtz</DIV></BODY></HTML>