[mou] Black Dog Lake - Dakota County - 1/4/2007

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan@msn.com
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 22:17:13 -0600

1/4/2007

Spent a short time at Black Dog Lake this afternoon and found lots of open
water and some waterfowl and Gulls.  I arrived at 4:35 pm, so it did not
give me a lot of time to scope out the lake.  I drove along Black Dog Lake
Road and checked spots from there.  It would have been more productive had I
spent my time at Black Dog Park, as most of the birds were on the West side
of the East side of Black Dog lake.  This area is best scanned from the road
that runs between the East and West side of Black Dog Lake.  I did find the
following:

Hooded Merganser - 6
Common Merganser - Approx. 75
Mallard
Canada Geese
Red-tailed Hawk
Peregrine Falcon - in box on main tower of the power plant
Gulls - None close enough to ID

Craig Mandel, Minnetonka, MN
EgretCMan@msn.com