[mou] Yellow Bellied Sapsucker, Castle Rock Twp, Dakota Cty

n0pfy@hughes.net n0pfy@hughes.net" <n0pfy@hughes.net
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 22:38:11 +0000 (UTC)

No problem.  I've had a couple other's send me the same ideas.

I just posted photos up on my site at https://photos.myroberts.name
under the Bird Photo's area.  I would appreciate any 2nd opinions.
Mark

Mark

I've had one more thought...because this is a rare occurrence for
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, have you considered the possibilities of
other
sapsucker species...especially Red-naped or Williamson's? You did not
mention the sex of the bird in your posting, so a female Williamson's
Sapsucker could be confused with a female YBSA. Hope this is helpful
and I
hope you don't feel that I am in any way "challenging" your ID skills.
Just
doin' my job. Thanks again.

Jim