[mou] Northern Hawk Owl ~ St. Louis Co.

Conny Brunell connybrunell@earthlink.net
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:54:38 -0600

------=_NextPart_239111119656305438536

Persistence and Patience paid off for Susan Schumacher and I today in refinding the Northern Hawk Owl that has been seen North of Duluth, in St. Louis County on Rice Lake Road (CR4), 1/4 mile North of its jct with Martin Road (CR9).  We kept a vigilant watch in the field between the Coffee Cabin and Northstar Flooring on the West side of CR4 from the road behind the Coffee Cabin, as well as drove up and down the road checking out the power poles and lines.  We arrived at 10:15 am and watched until 12:30 pm with no luck.  We took a lunch break and returned at 1:30 pm to continue our search and the NHOW flew into the above mentioned fields at 2:30.  The NHOW made several long passes in the field, perched out on lines and in trees, then flew into the cattail marsh behind the Coffee Cabin where we were watching ,and hunted making numerous dives very close to where we were parked on the hill near the storage facility.  We enjoyed great views of the Owl until 3:00 pm, and it was still out in the open when we left the area.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Co.
------=_NextPart_239111119656305438536

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.3020" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Persistence and Patience paid off for Susan Schumacher and I today in refinding the Northern Hawk Owl that has been seen North of Duluth, in St. Louis County on Rice Lake Road (CR4), 1/4 mile North of its jct with Martin Road (CR9).&nbsp; We kept a vigilant watch in the field between the Coffee Cabin and Northstar Flooring on the West side of CR4 from the road behind the Coffee Cabin, as well as drove up and down the road checking out the power poles and lines.&nbsp; We arrived at 10:15 am and watched until 12:30 pm with no luck.&nbsp; We took a lunch break and returned at 1:30 pm to continue our search and the NHOW flew into the above mentioned fields at 2:30.&nbsp; The NHOW made several long passes in the field, perched out on lines and in trees, then flew into the cattail marsh behind the Coffee&nbsp;Cabin where we were watching ,and hunted making numerous dives very close to where we were parked on the hill near the storage facility.&nbsp; We enjoyed great views of the Owl until 3:00 pm, and it was still out in the open when we left the area.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Conny Brunell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Richfield, Hennepin Co.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_239111119656305438536--