[mou] more on airport snowy owl

linda birds@moosewoods.us
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:28:38 -0600

To add to Derek Bakken's posting:

Before Derek arrived at the airport, the owl had been perched on a
runway marker with the #1 on it, in the same airfield, to the south of
the UPS facility. We drove into a parking area nearer the Cargo Road
entrance to try for a closer view. We noticed the airport plows starting
to work the strips, and this apparently moved the bird to the lamppost
retreat in Derek's photo. Another friend who'd been there earlier in the
day reported that he'd seen the bird in the opposite field, north of the
de-icing building with the blue tanks. Evidently it favors the hunting
prospects on the east side of Cargo Road, but be sure to check both sides.

Linda Whyte