[mou] This last weekend in Aitikn County

Warren wenelson@mlecmn.net
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:44:03 -0600

At 4:15 this afternoon I had a GREAT GRAY OWL along Aitkin County 18
just to the east of Pietz's Road (320th place). The bird was very
cooperative and almost flew into my truck with me. Also seen along
C.R.18 were: 30 WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILLS, NORTHERN SHRIKES, PINE
GROSBEAKS and ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS.
Saturday, Butch Ukura and I birded in the northern parts of the county.
At the Rabey tree farm we found about 100 WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILLS, at
least 6 GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS, GRAY JAYS, lots of PINE SISKINS, COMMON
REDPOLLS, a RUFFED GROUSE, RAVENS and a BALD EAGLE.
Also seen this last weekend: 200+ SNOW BUNTINGS, EVENING GROSBEAKS, a
BROWN CREEPER, several cardinals.        Warren Nelson