[mou] Twin Cities Gulls and falcons

Paul Budde pbudde@earthlink.net
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:42:29 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C73D94.49D839F0

The usual suspects -- 4th cycle Slaty-backed, an adult and first cycle
Glaucous, an adult Thayer's, and the weird looking leucistic gull (sorry,
but I don't know what else to call it) -- were all seen in downtown Prescott
this afternoon.  The best vantage point is on the Wisconsin side, just
downstream from the bridge to Minnesota.

These same gulls were also all present at Black Dog (east end of the east
pond) at 5 PM this evening.. OK, I'm not sure about the Thayer's, as I
couldn't pick that one out, but the others were all there.

Between 3 and 4:20 I struck out on the Gyrfalcon in Dakota County, thoguht
here were certainly plenty of ducks feeding in the field SE of 180th and
Donnelly.  As a nice consolation prize a very large Peregrine flew in and
landed on one of the telephone/power poles along 180th. (This was not the
Peregrine from Black Dog.)

By the way, for those of you not familiar with Freedom Park (from where Jim
reported the Barrow's Goldeneye), as you head south out of Prescott, the
road turns away from the river as it climbs a hill.  Watch for the sign for
the new Great River Road Visitors Center, which is in the park.  The
goldeneye was actively feeding in the river at 2PM.

Paul Budde
Minneapolis

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C73D94.49D839F0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7036.0">
<TITLE>Twin Cities Gulls and falcons</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The usual suspects -- 4th cycle =
Slaty-backed, an adult and first cycle Glaucous, an adult Thayer's, and =
the weird looking leucistic gull (sorry, but I don't know what else to =
call it) -- were all seen in downtown Prescott this afternoon.&nbsp; The =
best vantage point is on the Wisconsin side, just downstream from the =
bridge to Minnesota.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">These same gulls were also all present =
at Black Dog (east end of the east pond) at 5 PM this evening&#8230;. =
OK, I'm not sure about the Thayer's, as I couldn't pick that one out, =
but the others were all there.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Between 3 and 4:20 I struck out on the =
Gyrfalcon in Dakota County, thoguht here were certainly plenty of ducks =
feeding in the field SE of 180th and Donnelly.&nbsp; As a nice =
consolation prize a very large Peregrine flew in and landed on one of =
the telephone/power poles along 180th. (This was not the Peregrine from =
Black Dog.)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">By the way, for those of you not =
familiar with Freedom Park (from where Jim reported the Barrow's =
Goldeneye), as you head south out of Prescott, the road turns away from =
the river as it climbs a hill.&nbsp; Watch for the sign for the new =
Great River Road Visitors Center, which is in the park.&nbsp; The =
goldeneye was actively feeding in the river at 2PM.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Paul Budde</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Minneapolis</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C73D94.49D839F0--